MONSTR Sense Technology’s BIGFOOT spectrometer is a multi-functional tool for state-of-the-art microscopy measurements. We combine the most advanced ultrafast measurements of vibrational and electronic sample properties into a single device: transient absorption, coherent Raman, and multidimensional spectroscopies. The spectrometer will also perform linear absorption spectroscopy to accompany the more advanced methods. Our spectrometer is very easy to use with a one-time alignment of a laser into the device and intuitive LabVIEW based software.
Many spectroscopic techniques
Research is never easy, but your equipment should not limit you. Get the most out of your sample with the best resonant and non-resonant ultrafast spectroscopy techniques.
Our transient absorption spectrometer is the only fully-collinear technique capable of resonant pumping. Measure ultrafast dynamics of resonantly excited transitions without convolving or dephasing the dynamics you care about with non-resonantly excited states.
Coherent Raman Spectroscopy (CRS)
Also called impulsed stimulated Raman (ISRS), the MONSTR Sense spectrometer is capable of measuring both ground and excited state vibrational resonances. Coherent Raman spectroscopy enhances Raman signals by up to nine orders of magnitude, and so our spectrometer is a great tool for rapid measurement of dense samples. This is a great tool for label-free imaging of biological samples.
MDCS is the spectroscopy for completely measuring the third order nonlinear optical response of a material. Use a variety of pulse sequences to completely characterize inhomogeneous samples and coupling. Check out our Photonics Spectra article for an overview.
Not only can one device perform multiple spectroscopies, we have designed this instrument so that all aspects of every experiment are software controlled. Parameters are calculated in the computer controller, and most of the signal processing is performed by our carefully designed electronic system.
- Center wavelength: our electronics will generate reference scan parameters optimized for the center laser frequency. This is done on-the-fly, so this feature is great for frequency sample changing and tunable lasers.
- Optical bandwidth: There is a trade-off between optical bandwidth and how quickly the delay stage can be moved. Our software knows this trade-off and will set the optimal scan parameters for your bandwidth to save you time.
- Optical resolution: There is a trade-off between scan duration and resolution. The MONSTR Sense spectrometer is capable of measuring your samples with very high (0.01 pm) resolution. But if you don’t need that resolution for some measurements, the can be changed anytime to save you time.
- Delay range and resolution: Whether you want to measure a decay time or frequency resolve vibrational states, the software will determine the right parameters for your system. Software is also capable of linear or random sampling.
Aligned by design
Our double-pass design is very robust, and our baseplate and mounts are custom machined so that our spectrometers do not require alignment.
No calibration needed
Because all measurements are made with respect to an ultrastable Nd:YAG laser as a reference, these spectrometers NEVER require calibration.
Passively stable to vibrations
We bring the passive stability of IR interferometry and spectroscopy to visible wavelengths by our patent pending referencing technique.
Multi-functional Spectrometer Specifications
|Specification||Standard System||Upgrade Option|
|Wavelength range||450-1100 nm||350-1500 nm|
|Optical bandwidth||>60 nm||>200 nm*|
|Resolution||0.02 nm||0.005 nm|
|Delay range||330 ps||up to 3.3 ns|
|Delay step size||0.3 fs||0.3 fs|
|Supported laser rep rate||50 kHz – 100 GHz||Contact us|
|Interferometric precision||0.1 fs||0.1 fs|
|Dimensions||12 × 24 in (30 × 60 cm)||12 × 24 in (30 × 60 cm)|
* We encourage purchasing the dispersion compensation upgrade for extremely broad bandwidths.